Note for English Readers

If I write the articles in Indonesian, I will write a summary in English so that you can read my articles too. After you read the summary and you feel that you need more information about that, please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail that can be found in my profile.

Thank you for reading my blogs.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Official Release of AMD Catalyst 12.6

Finally, AMD Catalyst 12.6 has been released officially last Thursday (28-JUN-2012). Please note that this version only supports Radeon HD5000 series or newer as stated on AMD website. For HD4000 and older series, it is better if you stick on current driver that you are using now. This unofficial AMD Catalyst's wiki may help you to decide which version you want to install on your computer.

It has been working nicely on my laptop with kernel-3.4.2 and xorg-server-1.12.2 installed since yesterday. For anyone that uses linux kernel 3.4.x, please follow my step that I have written last time: "AMD Catalyst Patch for kernel-3.4.x". I still compile the kernel-3.4.4. This Catalyst driver should be able to work nicely too on it. I will update this post soon after I finish to set up my laptop with this new kernel.

Updated (02-JUL-2012):
  • This Catalyst driver and the patch are working very well on kernel-3.4.4
  • AMD also released the 12.7 beta version at the same day of 12.6 that will improve performance optimizations for the AMD Radeon HD 7900, AMD Radeon HD 7800, and AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series. You can checkout this link. However, this beta version is not for linux ... :(

No comments: